Monday, March 16, 2009

Marc is Home

I never saw myself as a potential blogger, but here I am. Just another indication that life doesn't always go as I envisioned it. Never say never.

I have tried to keep everyone up to date on Marc's progress; however, I'm finding that I have so many names to add to my email list that I just can't keep up. So, the blogspot has hopefully become the solution. My goal is that this will allow everyone that would like the opportunity to keep up with Marc and his treatment informed.

Today Marc was released from the hospital. He was finally able to have the barium test that they had been trying to do for three days. We don't have results from those images yet, but we anticipate the doctor will update us tomorrow. Anyhow, he is home and filling up on favorite foods. After a day and a half of liquid diet he was eager to eat something solid. He is also looking forward to a night of uninterrupted sleep. Hospitals are less than conducive for rest!

Tomorrow is his first day of chemotherapy. They changed his regimen from two hours in the clinic and 22 out, to six hours in the clinic and two days of treatment at home on a pump. He will go back in on the third day and have them unhook his pump. He will then be "off" for twelve days. We are grateful that tomorrow will be his first day on the road to recovery!

We remain ever grateful for all of the prayers and support. We feel like we are out of the crisis mode that has had us scrambling for a month and into more of a routine. Unfortunately routines can become a grind and I anticipate that there are a lot of weary days ahead. We are praying for stamina along with healing for Marc and for our little family. We are also praying for stamina for our support group. Those that have committed to helping us with kids and projects are at risk of burning out, too. We are already witnessing the effects of this emotional and physical roller coaster on our loved ones.

Things to pray for and be thankful for:

PRAY THAT...

  • Marc will respond well to treatment and the side effects are minimal. We would love a miraculous healing :)
  • The kids will settle down. They had a rough weekend and we are experiencing some BIG emotions.
  • I am able to maintain health and stamina. I'm doing great right now and would like to stay that way. I need to be a lot of things to my husband and family right now.
  • Our support network of friends and families does not get too overwhelmed. We couldn't do this without the help of many hands.

BE THANKFUL THAT...

  • Marc is feeling better and his pain is under control.
  • Marc's employer has been so kind and generous. Their help and support has given us peace about a lot of financial issues surrounding Marc's treatment.
  • Jesse Moore was willing to take our horses off our hands for awhile. This was a huge answer to prayer.
  • We appear to have a wonderful and respected oncologist. He has been a blessing and we feel very comfortable with him.

I will try to be at this place again tomorrow and update you on how his treatment went. Given his great attitude and strong spirit, I anticipate good things. Thank you to all of you who have chosen to pray for us and support us. We are grateful.

7 comments:

  1. Jane and Marc, you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers as you travel through this unexpected journey. As I sit here in our hotel room in Seattle I think of how just last month Alan and Marc were having a beer together just down the road. Marc Alan is saving you a beer for you when you feel up for it! (: Jane, Suzy Wooten and I would like to bring you a batch of Dream Dinners for your freezer. I know how in the begining you may end up with a lot of dinners being brought to the house. Do you have someone working on meal roster? Can I contact them directly? I would be happy to bring them out and put them in the freezer! Let me know what works for you guys. If Marc is up for visitors Alan would love to visit. He would also be happy to come to the hospital and hang out with him while he is having treatment if he would like some guy company! Love you guys, Jenny and the Cavarno clan xxxoo God's Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, my friend, for the blog. You're an awesome communicator & we are grateful! Here's your humor for the night. Savannah & I just sat down to wish on the wishbone from the turkey we cooked last week. We both closed our eyes & pulled, keeping our wishes a secret. Well...it was a tie...we were each left with a straight bone. I bet I don't need to tell you what I wished for...Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane and Marc: Ofelia and I are so happy that Marc is back home. I know it was a long weekend for you and your entire tribe, so I hope having Marc back home will provide you all with some much needed peace (quiet?) and togetherness. As always, please let us know if you need anything or anyone to hang out with the rugrats. Love you, Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update Jane. You are all in my prayers and my hubby's. Women's Bible Study is here for you sister.
    This verse keeps coming to mind for you
    Isaiah 43:1-3
    1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
    He who created you, Marc,
    He who formed you, Jane:
    "Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

    2 When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
    and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
    When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.

    3 For I am the LORD, your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane. Thanks for the update. This was a great idea. Makes it much easier for you and its so easy to follow and communicate. Paul and I are so happy Marc is home. God is good! I'm grateful to God that Marc is on the road to recovery. Through him all things are possible.

    You know you can ALWAYS count on us anytime. Nothing is more important than family and it is never a bother. It is a pleasure to help out in anyway. We love spending time with you all. (Plus we enjoy our "adventures in babysitting".. hehe)

    I continue to pray everyday for Marc and also for you and the kids. I continue to hold steadfast in my faith that Marc will be healed. Please tell Marc we said hi.

    Love ya!


    Psalm 115:1
    Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.

    Ephesians 3:12
    In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.

    James 1:12
    Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.playlist.com/playlist/15353441035

    great music playlist about hope in hard times/illness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane, I'm moved to the core by your thoughtful and profound content. I saw the light of your soul and what an incredible human being you are as well. I've known Marc since 2002 at a project while working as fellow DBAs and I was impressed with his quiet fortitude and his graceful humility as well as his thoughtfulness and attention to detail. And I was quite thrilled that he was here at Blue Nile working on our current dis-organized set of issues. I am eternally grateful that he is a point of light in our lives. My husband Shylesh and I pray for Marc and your family daily and I meditate on healing light for Marc. I greet and salute the Divinity in both of you. May abundance of blessings, courage,strength, compassion, grace, love and light be upon you always. Peace-Rita

    ReplyDelete