Sunday, August 1, 2010

Communion


And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me."
Likewise, He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you."
Luke 22:19-20



We had another amazing day today.  Our family, dear friends, and the elders from our church, came for a time of worship and communion.  It was a powerful time.  I think the picture above pretty much sums up the last 18 months for us.  This circle of loved ones is just a snippet of what we have experienced.  I love this picture.  It's a humbling place to be at the center of this circle.  Thank you to all that prayed over us today.  Thank you to all that have continued to pray for us every day from around the globe.   Experiencing Christ's spirit at work through the body remains overwhelming.  We are blessed.

With love and gratitude....

6 comments:

  1. It reminds me of a Bill Gaither song:

    There's a sweet, sweet Spirit in this place,
    And I know that it's the Spirit of the Lord;
    There are sweet expressions on each face,
    And I know that it's the presence of the Lord.

    Sweet holy Spirit,
    Sweet heavenly Dove;
    Stay right here with us,
    Filling us with your love;

    And for these blessings,
    We lift our hearts in praise;
    Without a doubt we'll know
    That we have been revived,
    When we shall leave this place.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him - the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord - and he will delight in the fear of the Lord........"

    Isaiah 11:2-3 (NIV)

    We love you and continue to keep you in our prayers.
    Joe and Betty and Aunt Vi

    ReplyDelete
  2. To hear about God’s work is one thing, but to be a part of God’s work is another. It goes without saying that the testimony and the faith that was displayed by the family was a praise to our Lord. The comments that Marc made was not only moving but assured all present that Marc’s belief says “But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." What an honor to be blessed with a family like Marc’s

    With admiration and love.

    Gramp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love our church family :+)
    Still praying mightily...
    Heather W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless each and everyone of you. What a testimony of God's faith and love is shown. You are in our prayers always and forever. We love you.

    Herman & Pam Ledford

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a breathtaking worship... You could feel the love and God's presence there. Worship and being there for the day meant a lot to me. It is a day I will forever cherish in my heart and soul.

    Love you all.

    (II Timothy 1:7) 7 For God didn’t give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control.

    (Psalms 138:3) 3 In the day that I called, you answered me. You encouraged me with strength in my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying for you and thinking about you today.
    Mary McTeigue

    ReplyDelete