Monday, March 15, 2010

The Bold New Look of Bald

Thank you to everyone that touched base this week!  We are feeling very loved these days.  Marc's last treatment was a little more dramatic than the last.  He had a reaction to the chemotherapy on Friday.  After a ton of Benadryl and some other pre-meds, he was able to muscle his way through it and finish the treatment; however, what typically takes five hours, took eight.  It was a long day! 

His side effects have, on the whole, been better than last time.  He has had a raging headache for two days and today he says it feels like there are things "running around" in his belly -- pain coming and going and in different locations.  His fatigue has persisted this time, too.  I think he might have been awake for a total of six hours over the last two days. 

The most anticipated side effect finally took place a week ago.  Marc's hair started falling out in bunches, requiring a post-haste shaving of his noggin.  The boys thought it would be cool to support Dad in his new look and shaved each other's heads today.  A good bit of fun despite the circumstances!  Thought you would enjoy some pics.

Before

After

A future toupée or tribble?

A kiss for Daddy and for luck!

Sophia is still not sure about Dad's new look.

Ben in the hot seat.

Not too bad!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Hmmm....not quite even.


Daddy putting on the finishing touches. 


Hope you all have a wonderful week!  We are grateful for your continued prayers and support!
With love and gratitude.....

1 comment:

  1. They look great! Handsome guys. What can you expect! Still praying every day for all of you. Read your previous blog and I was so moved. God works in mysterious ways and I think he showed his love through every single person that day. WOW! It's enourmous!!! It's unmeasurable. Can't help but smile at the though of all these sisters and brothers coming up to the stage and praying over you and Marc. Amazing. God is great and I know he's good great things in store. Might not be now, tomorrow or months from now. But it will happen. I love you guys very much. You are my family and I would do anything for each and every one of you. Please don't forget that. I know at times I'm not there and I myself get sidetracked with things, but my thoughts never exclude you. And the best thing I know I can do is continue to pray hard to God for Marc's healing.

    Love,

    Your sis.

    ReplyDelete