Monday, September 20, 2010

Still Waiting...

It's Monday and we are still up at OHSU.   Marc's potassium finally stabilized and he will be starting TPN tonight.  It has taken four days to get to this point.  Along with the frustration with the potassium, he has been battling a great deal of pain in his abdomen.  His gastric tube is not working efficiently and the pressure of fluid and gas in his stomach causes tremendous pain.  We are still trying to understand the cause and find a solution to these problems. 

We are hoping all goes smoothly overnight as the TPN is introduced.  Getting to the point that he can actually take the treatment has been quite a journey.  Now that we have gotten to this point, his body actually has to be able to tolerate it.  There is concern that his metabolism won't be able to cope.  We pray that he will handle the treatment well without any further complications.  If all goes well we will be home on Wednesday.  We shall see....

Thank you for the continued prayers and support. 

With love and gratitude....

4 comments:

  1. I'm still faithfully praying for Marc, you and your family. I hope you're getting some rest. I went to school at OHSU. It's a great place but also noisy and busy with a lot of commotion. I can't even imagaine what you're going through. Praying Jesus' strong arms around you to support you.

    Hugs,

    Natalie Rasmussen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane,
    I can't remember if we officially met when we were at Good Shepherd or not. Birsen Danielson and I were on skype today and she told me about you and all that your family is going through. I've stopped by to follow your journey and be another person to pray along side it. Matt's mom has stage 4 cancer and we know the heartache it brings. But it also puts us at a unique place of dependence and trust in a Sovereign God. You are well aware of all this. I'm praying you will feel His presence when you need it most....just like when you found the hornets.

    Just listened to Jennifer Rothschild say, “Fear is an intuitive detective that walks you to the hand of God to the place of truth.” The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
    Psalm 27:1

    When you feel afraid may you take God's hand and declare what is true about His character to calm the raging storm in your heart. I'm praying this for you.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jesus, hold on to Marc and Jane as they walk with you through this process. Protect them with your Mighty Arms and build a fortress around them as Marc is started on the TPN. Strengthen his body and give Jane added peace. Be with their children, comfort them, as their parents follow Your leading. Give them assurance of Your Love for them. Bind Satan from being able to sling even a single dart at them. Surround them with your angels and let them know Your Love. We praise You God for All You are doing that we cannot see and All You are doing that we can! You are Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying Jane. I'm with my momma, at St. Joseph Hospital in Tacoma, Washington. So I have plenty of time to pray for Marc, you and the family. We love you lots
    Betty

    ReplyDelete