Sunday, September 26, 2010

Battle Weary

I don't have much to report and I want to keep it brief tonight.  Marc is holding his own.   He seems to be tolerating the TPN pretty well; however, we have faced a host of other issues since we have been home.  His breathing is becoming more difficult and he has a hard time catching his breath.  He is more awake and alert during the day, but his strength is gone from his muscles.  He can no longer walk and has a difficult time making it to the wheelchair.  He is exhausted and winded if he moves too much.  He fell a couple of times trying to get out of bed in the middle of the night.  I'm so worried he is going to injure himself.  The gastric tube we have been battling for weeks is working much better, though.  I'm relieved that something is better! 

We would be grateful for your prayers.  All of us are battle weary.  Marc is tired of being sick and hates the monotony of being in bed 24/7.  He feels trapped.  The kids are doing their best to be good sports as all of their interests and needs take second place to Dad's.  They are very gracious about it, but it's hard to be patient all the time.  I am overwhelmed.....still.  There are so many needs and only one very human me.  Can't say I've been in total control of the emotions this week.  With being tired comes frustration and sadness...and sometimes hysterics....yikes.  The good news is that I did ask for help.  Hospice will be coming in to do more consistent care and respite care this week so that I can have a break.  I am looking forward to pulling myself together.

Thanks for the continued care and support. 

With love and gratitude....

9 comments:

  1. Hi friend,
    praying that you find the peace that you so desperately need. I have woke in the night and prayed for you when you come to mind. Know that we are all covering you all in prayer 24/7. I am glad to help anyway I can.
    Call me, if you need anything.
    Hugs,
    Heather W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, Honey, even though He seems distant sometimes, during this very difficult time, The Lord is holding you, tight to Himself. We love you and continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your honesty and being willing to post. I see so much growth in your life. . just in asking for help sooner! You are constantly in my prayers. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane,
    Remember the Footprints and what it says? Read it again for reasurrance. I am praying for you down here in Texas. Also my favorite bible verses is Psalm 18:1-3. Just remember that our sweet Savoir will always be there to hold you tight and he will never forsake you. I know we are only human, but he also knows that. God will see you thru. You have "Little Prayer Warriors for Christ" and they too have their Armor on. They are fighting for you and their Daddy.
    If there is anything else that I can do just let me know and it is done. We love all of you! Just think of what Grandpa McMenamy would have said of words of encouragment.

    In Christ's Love & ours,
    Herman & Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane , I can help with any running around you need. I hope you can put our family to use any time. Noel would love to see the boys ans take them to an event if needed. We are praying for you. Janine Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you remember me. I'm Nora, Hilda's daughter from San Felipe, Mx. We are praying for you and your family, we feel bad because we can not do much to help you during this difficult time... just pray.
    You are admirable Jane!
    God bless you and we will continue praying.

    Hugs,
    Nora G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane - you are an amazing example of peace and strength to all of us! I admire your ability to be gracious and humble (and humorous) during this difficult time. Give Marc my love and we will talk soon. - Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane, We haven't communicated much,last time was at the cousin picnic. Your entire family inspires me to the point of tears. I am truly humbled at your complete sacrifice & how you lean on the lord for your strength! I don't know if Marc remembers me but tell him God has already been glorified through all of your testimonies! We love you so much,your cousin,Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane, We are lifting you all up in prayer. I know God will comfort, strengthen and bring you all through this, but I wanted to send some blog hugs too. We love you guys and think of you often!

    ReplyDelete