Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Surgery Update

Thank you all for your consistent prayers.  Surgery was not quite the success we had hoped.  The gastric bypass surgery was not an option once the surgeon had a chance to open him up.  There is simply too much tumor encasing his intestine.  Instead, the doctor inserted the peg tube we had discussed a couple of weeks ago.  Fortunately, that went as planned and he has stopped vomiting; however, he is in a great deal of pain and has spiked a bit of a fever this morning.  Please pray that we get some relief from the complications of the surgery.

We know many of you would like to visit and/or call.  I would ask on his behalf that you do not.  He is not up to visitors today and he cannot talk on the phone.  I will update here as I can.  Feel free to email or post to this site.  I will pass on any messages I receive. 

With love and gratitude...

3 comments:

  1. We are sorry to hear that the surgery did not happen as hoped, though glad for the relief from vomiting. I am reminded to be thankful of the little things like enjoying food! We will continue to pray that God comforts you all through this very painful suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update on Marc's surgery. I am so sorry the bypass wasn't an option. I hope that Marc is doing better today. Please give him my best wishes. I will be praying that this latest procedure will help reduce his pain and suffering. Take good care,

    Kristin Wensing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jane. There just aren't words. Libby

    ReplyDelete