Thursday, July 9, 2009

Update...Or Not So Much

Have you been praying? Sigh. I have. I have been anxious since last night about what we would learn today from Marc's labs. Well, we will all have to wait a bit longer. The labs weren't back yet this afternoon. Someone is supposed to call when they come in, but we aren't sure if that will be today, tomorrow...next week? So, we get to stay on our knees a bit longer. Will you continue to join us? If you have some extra moments, please pray for Marc and the side effects. Right on schedule the fatigue and nausea have settled in. The next 24 hours can be brutal and I am just praying that it won't be as bad as last time.

Thank you all for the love you show us on a daily basis. We are grateful beyond words for all of you.

With love and gratitude...

3 comments:

  1. I'm sighing and praying with you and Marc, my friend. This road seems so long. I was doing a bit of sighing myself today and was feeling pretty intense about things which are just out of my control. I finally caved to Savannah harassing me about going to the pet store while running errands (while on a tight time schedule, of course). The first critters we came across were a whole cage of parakeets. They were blissfully unaware they were in a cage. Some were playful, some sleeping with their heads nestled within their back feathers, some simply sleeping on their perches. But most were singing and creating a beautiful melody. As I was standing there marveling at all their colors and whimsey, the verse in Matthew 6:26 struck me...Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? I'm sure that you can see the many parallels that brought tears to my eyes at that moment. A few hours later at home, a neighbor showed up at my front door holding a small resin bird she presented to me as a happy day surprise. She said she had been in my house several weeks prior and had noticed a few birds perched on a shelf in my bathroom and thought that I might enjoy it. Circumstantial timing? I think not. I shared with her my previous story and told her that she was being used by God at that moment to drive the point home that He intimately cares and provides for my needs so perfectly that I need not worry, or fret, or overanalyze, etc. Easy to say, yet so hard to do. Your family is of great worth to God, my friend, and will continue to take great care to see that your needs are met to sustain you under the shadow of His wing until you are once again free to soar and thrive. Know that you are greatly loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE will continue to pray with Jane.
    Joe and Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will continue to hold you and Marc up in our prayers. We love you
    Betty and Joe

    ReplyDelete