Sunday, April 11, 2010

Promise of Spring

To Everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven....

Ecclesiastes 3:1

I have been encouraged in the last week or so that spring is on its way.  The sun is showing its face around Oregon again!  Its appearances are brief, but much anticipated and enjoyed.  New life is poking up all around -- everything is waking up.  I have drawn a lot of encouragement from spring's arrival this year.  Winter has seemed long and tedious to me (not unlike our season of life); however, the anticipation of warmer weather and the new life it brings give me something to which I can look forward...it makes me smile.   There are still rainy, mucky days ahead to be sure.  They have their purpose, but nothing beats those first sun filled days of the season!  In the same way, I have been seeing glimpses of hope in our personal lives.  While Marc's battle rages on, we are encouraged that perhaps this winter-time of our souls is not permanent.  He continues to improve -- the fluid in his abdomen has not returned, he has not suffered headaches from his treatment, and he is eating normal meals again.  He is still very fatigued, but that seems minor compared the other side effects and complications that have disappeared.  We are grateful for answered prayers....God is good!

I thought you might enjoy some glimpses of spring from around the Griffith home.  It's been a busy week!  Joy and humor still resonate in our walls.  Life is good!


Excited about Easter!
Looking all dressed up....and clean!

My humble garden starts.

I would love to say this is spring cleaning....
More like fun with Daddy's shaving cream!

Marc and the kids enjoying a dry day and lunch outside


The much anticipated 10th birthday!

This was the birthday of a thousand airsoft pellets
(more like 30,000!) 
Thanks everybody!

Ooooooh the suspense!

One of my favorite games...
I may be confiscating this for my own use :)

Birthday cake courtesy of little sis, Julia.
She did a great job!


Enjoying new sketching supplies and lessons from uncle.
A long family tradition lives on!

The first of many masterpieces!


Have a great week everyone!
With love and gratitude....

1 comment:

  1. I'd been waiting for Easter and b'day pix. Glad spring is cheering you up. Love ya. Mel.

    ReplyDelete